Comparatively, tea is a healthy alternative to soda and coffee. Lemon is packed with antiseptic properties and vitamin C by Mother Nature and honey constitutes the energy booster from nature. Thus, tea with Lemon and Honey brings along a wide range of health benefits. The health benefits apart, this herbal tea also has a sweet and sour taste that is very pleasant. Honey is rich in carbohydrate providing the body with strength and contributes to an improved immune system. The glucose contained in honey can easily be absorbed by the body and honey helps you maintain constant sugar levels. Honey also constitutes a natural remedy for a number of ailments like burns, sore throats, hangovers, sleeplessness etc. Lemon on the other hand has excellent antibacterial and antiviral properties apart from being a good antioxidant. Thus Lemon and honey when mixed with tea brings immense health benefits apart from making a tasty drink.
Here are some quick facts to help you further understand the benefits of lemon and honey with tea:-
- Honey and lemon with tea works as a body purifier removing the toxins from the system
- On the stomach, this mixture has a calming effect and improves th e digestion process
- Boosts the immune system and detoxifies the body
- Works as an excellent home remedy for a variety of ailments including sore throats, and cold. The high content of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants helps in healing cold and sore throats. Vitamin C and enzymes in lemon and honey works as a coating on the throat to help relieve cough.
- It reduces acne and cures skin disorders
- It helps you lose weight since both honey and lemon are foods that help burn fat.
- The calming effect of these ingredients in tea helps in energizing the body and mind
- You can maintain healthy skin and reduce the risk of skin cancer by consuming tea with honey and lemon
- Infections and diseases can be prevented by regular consumption of tea with lemon and honey
- For those suffering from hangovers caused by excessive consumption of liquor, tea with lemon and honey is very helpful in getting rid of the hangover. Rapid changes in the level of alcohol can be prevented by the fructose in honey.
How to make tea with lemon and honey
The recipe to make tea with lemon and honey is simple. You just have to add the tea leaves to boiling water. Drain the liquid into a suitable cup and add honey to the tea. One spoon of honey is ideal per cup but can be adjusted to taste. Similarly add one spoon of lemon juice per cup of tea. Drinking this tea early in the morning on an empty stomach is very helpful as an excellent detox. This will also enhance your energy lifting up your moods and driving out lethargy.